August Declutter Challenge – Day 11
When I am working on a project, I use the filing cabinet to hold my reference books, notes, calendar, etc. Since I have 4 papers to write this week, I need the area tidied up pronto.
I put away, recycled, gave away, threw away, returned . . .
- The phone book: Actually I have 4 other phone books: 3 are for 2007-2008. They are going to the recycle bin. One of the 2008-2009 books is going to the curb too. Really, I only need one. Right?
- I threw away a list of movies I want to rent from Redbox: Becoming Jane, No Reservations, Autumn Heart, Jane Austen, and Dan in Real Life. Becoming Jane is PG, the rest are PG 13. I also want to rent The Inn of the 6th Happiness. Now that the list is here, I don’t need the piece of paper.
- I recycled a card: I cut off the front, glued it onto an envelope, slapped on an address label and stamp, put in the letter, & sealed it shut. Looks so lovely. Satisfied my “crafty” nature, looks pretty and hopefully will bring a little smile to the recipient, especially since it is information about an upcoming project – nothing to bring a smile to anyone’s face.
- Read the mail: Tore off the stamps to take to church to recycle them, threw away the envelopes and their contents, and marked necessary info on the wall calendar.
- The library books, the borrowed books and Mother Teresa video were put by the door: To return to the rightful owners
- Paperwork to-do’s were put away in my green folder: It is bulging and in need of a sorting out. But not now; that’s a project for some other day!
- The green notebook and other current school books were put away in my bookcase: The top of the filing cabinet is now empty!
I’m done for today. What have you done to declutter your home today?
Go here for the challenge guidelines to join us in reclaiming your home from clutter.