These Are Five of My Grateful Things
My favourite five things from this week are below. To link your five or read the lists of others, go here.
1. Flowers from my son, Tim, and his girlfriend, Daniella, to cheer me up.
2. Getting creative with my niece, Emily. We made clay owls.
3. Five days off. I am spending the time in the Bay area at my daughter’s (Elizabeth) home. Gorgeous spring-warm weather in the Bay area. I even wore a tee-shirt today.
4. Getting lots of “checking in to see if you are okay” texts, emails, and cards.
5. Celebrating Kadie’s 16th birthday. She is a sweetie that is tough (plays rugby), creative, has m-a-n-y interests, loves God, and is so smart! Sometimes we do homework together. Of course there is plenty of junk food to keep us motivated. I like spending time with her.
I am looking forward to when she starts driving me around in my car. I will give her all the practice hours she needs in order to get her driver’s license. I love being chauffeured.
I still vividly remember when this niece was born. I got to cut the umbilical cord!
NOTE: I have the good fortune to partner with Fawnda from Fireflies and Jellybeans for a giveaway of her tote pattern to a Fruitfulwords reader. (I was one of her pattern testers.) Go to this link for the details. The deadline to enter is February 26, 2012.