5 faves from this week
Below are five of my favourite things from this past week.
1. Preschool room clean up. Lynette and her son, J, have helped me twice now to clean up and sort out this Sunday school room. One more time and it should be all ready for the final phase, painting the walls.
It is fun to discover treasures, throw out broken bits, and to organize the room for maximum use. Thanks L & J!!!
2. Eight baptisms. What excitement there was in the building last Sunday. I think what made it so cool is that 5 of those “immersed” were children. It is always special to hear a profession of faith, but it is a different kind of special when children are involved. One of children is my niece, Emily!
3. Finishing a blog post. I have way too many posts in draft-form. One of my Spring blogging goals is to get that number WAY down by either finishing and posting or deleting them.
This week I finished an interview with a friend about her outloud reading. It feels so good to finish something. Plus I was encouraged by thinking about my friend, Lori, and grateful for her time.
The finished post is 10 Read Aloud Questions & Answers.
4. A weekend with my kids. Which meant I experienced different foods.
Oh my, my taste-buds had quite a workout this weekend. And I would absolutely eat any one of the foods again.
Friday’s lunch was Dim Sum with Jennifer. I thought Dim Sum was a food like Sweet and Sour Pork.
But, no! Dim Sum refers to a style of food (prepared as single servings served in small steamer baskets or on small plates) and how it’s served in the restaurant (from carts).
Friday’s dinner was Ethiopian food with my daughter and her boss, Andrew. We had a chicken dish and a vegetarian platter.
Saturday dinner was ribs and chicken wings (courtesy of Jennifer) and hot pot orchestrated by Jon.
Related post . . . I want to make these Ethiopian recipes.
5. Getting a handle on my computer time. Sometimes I spend too much time on the Internet. So I decided to follow my daughter’s idea. I wrote about her idea here. It is about using questions to determine what I’d rather be doing. This is a good way to get me to change my default activities.
Your Turn . . . Share a gratitude in the comments. GO ahead. It will make your day sweeter! Or if you write a post, link up to the FFF meme at Living to Tell the Story.