7 Reasons to Drink Smoothies for Breakfast
“I love the smell of Green Smoothies in the morning. It Smells like Victory!” (Smoothie Logic)
For the past 10 months a green smoothie has been my breakfast almost every day. Although twice I did forget about them for 2 weeks or so.
But I always come back because having this drink for breakfast really does smell like victory to me. I don’t have the best diet, so starting my day with all these fruits and veggies sets me up for success.
Below are my 7 reasons I stay committed to green smoothies.
1. Inexpensive: Contrary to popular belief I am able to find the veggies, greens, fruits, and Raw Meal powder at good prices. These ingredients are a better value than fast food and packaged food options.
2. Cleans Out Fridge: All those small bits of fruits (canned, frozen, or fresh) and veggies (fresh or frozen) are great when added to the blender. A dab or two of food on its own isn’t much, but put them all in the blender together and they add a nutritional- and taste-wallop.
3. Four Items to Wash: Quick prep and clean up are a must for my morning routine. When I breakfast on a Green Smoothie, I use and clean up only four items: cutting board, knife, blender, and cup.
4. Superfoods: I will admit, left to my own devices I will not eat superfoods, mainly because they are not featured at the grocery stores I frequent, or aren’t even a part of my day-to-day vocabulary. But when I add a scoop of Raw Meal powder I am getting 26 superfoods!
5. Easy & Fast: My liquid base of orange juice (sometimes I use green tea) is nutritionally supercharged by the additions.
- I add one large handful of some type of green: baby kale, spinach, romaine lettuce, collards.
- Next I add a handful (sometimes more) of a vegetable: carrots, broccoli, English cucumber (causes me less burping than regular cucumber), celery, squash, tomato.
- I always add some fruits too: banana, watermelon, applesauce (because I never seem to finish the whole jar), avocado, frozen berries, pineapple, seasonal fruits.
- I always top it off with a 1/2 TBSP of coconut oil and a scoop of Raw Meal Powder.
6. Starts Day With Veggies: I like eating vegetables, but eating 5 servings a day seems like a lot since I tend to be a lazy eater. Having a Green Smoothie is the easiest way I know to ingest enough veggies on a consistent basis. I usually don’t have a problem eating 2 servings of fruit a day.
7. Tastes like Shakes: One of my favorite desserts is ice cream, especially Breyer’s Natural Vanilla Ice Cream. When I add frozen fruit and ice to the blender the mixture comes out thick like a shake. Sometimes I add unsweetened chocolate powder. When I am craving a bowl of ice cream at night, I now blend up a green smoothie. I get that mouth sensation satisfied and I am eating something healthy.
Your Turn . . . Do you drink Green Smoothies? If yes. how often? Share what makes you committed to this meal.
- 12 Days Dinking and It’s a Good Thing
- Chocolate Orange Green Smoothie
- Garden Vegetable & Pineapple Smoothie
- Green Smoothie Chart
- Top 10 Health Benefits of Green Smoothies
- Why You Should Start Drinking Green Smoothies Today