Friday’s Fave Five
1. My baby had a birthday on Friday. This is Elizabeth’s last year in her 20′s. In her short life, she has done soooooo much. I am proud of her and look forward to what the coming years bring. We will celebrate with the whole family this coming Saturday. In fact, we are celebrating 4 birthdays!
2. Most shots for India are done. I had polio, Hep A/B, and TDaP shots. The nurse gave me cute cartoon band-aids for the “oozes.” I am taking typhoid fever pills. My arms are fine – no side effects. Of course maybe the ibuprofen has something to do with that. ;) I am also taking some bromelaine to counteract inflammation.
3. New hair-do. At retreat I got tired of my loose hair so I tried a french braid. To my surprise and delight I was able to do it. This is awesome for two reasons. (1) My left shoulder was strong enough to handle that extended movement. Ever since I broke my shoulder 2 years ago, I haven’t been able to do that. (2) It looked good. If I can continue to do this, maybe I won’t have to cut my hair before going to India. I will post a picture next FFF.
4. Drive-in movie. “At the height of their popularity in the 1950′s, there were over 4,000 drive-in theaters in the U.S. Today, only 366 remain.” One of them is 10ish minutes away from my home. I posted the above quote on my Facebook page and 3 gals took me up on going even though the movie didn’t start until 8:30pm. It was chilly (but I had my trusty blanket, jacket, and gloves). We stayed for only the first movie. We saw After Earth (with Will and Jaiden Smith) which was moderately scary. I only screamed twice. We had plenty of snacks and great conversation before the movie started. This was Lynette’s first time. I want to GO again!
5. Activa yogurt. I am always on the look out for ways to improve my health that are easy to implement. I don’t know how come I never tried Activa before to better my digestive health. It is tasty especially the vanilla. Although it does make me gassy. My chiropractor said that could be a good thing. He said to wait a week or two before giving up this treat. I guess it remains to be seen if Activa will be recalled as a fave.
BONUS: I hope to write-up a fave five list from the Retreat we had over the weekend. If not, all you need to know is that Retreat was awesome.
Your Turn . . . Leave a comment on a fave (or five) that you experienced this week.
Related Posts . . .
- ONE. ABOUT ELIZABETH: What a MOTORCYCLE Reminds Me About Parenting . . . Figuring Out the Real Meaning of Humane Society
- TWO. ABOUT GOING TO INDIA: Sewing Machines and Lessons Transform Lives in India: Here’s How You Can Help . . . INDIA Trip is More Than Travel Delight; It Includes a Conference, Shoeboxes, & Sewing Machines
- THREE: ABOUT MY HAIR: New Haircut and Making a Decision
- FOUR: ABOUT SUMMER: 5 Reasons I Love Summer . . . 4 Items On Retreat Bucket List 2013
- FIVE: ABOUT SELF CARE: 7 Reasons to Drink Smoothies for Breakfast . . . Ten Ways to Practice Self-Care
- SIX: ABOUT RETREAT: 5 Blessings from Retreat 2011 . . . 11 Reasons Women Attend Retreats