Friday’s Fave Five
1. Rainy days in northern CA in June are rare. I love warm rain and the fact that the temps were not in the 100′s.
2. Meeting with a Sunday preschool teacher had an unexpected ending. One of our main preschool teachers (Lynette) was just hired for a full-time (preschool) job in the Fall. I thought for sure she’d have to resign from her Sunday duties. But, NO! We talked about how to make it work for her. I am chuffed! She is an excellent, intuitive teacher who loves the kiddos and they love her.
3. Meeting with a Kids Church teacher was encouraging. This teacher, Jeanne, has great ideas and loves teaching the kiddos. I recently sent her this book: Teaching Kids Authentic Worship: How to Keep Them Close to God for Life. She is a musician as well as a teacher and found some ideas that will work for our Kids church program. She is keen to help our kiddos worship and make a relationship with God their own.
4. I am finally using a present I got back in March. I don”t use many scented products because they upset my stomach and many are too greasy. But this gift passes the “stomach” test and the “no-grease feel” test too. I love the smell and feel of CO Bigelow Lemon & Pomegranate Body Cream.
5. Grand-daughter photos always brighten my day. My daughter-in-love sent one via text and posted one on Facebook. I think there is no such thing as getting too many grandchild photos!
BONUS 1. If you are looking for a TASTY cake dessert, you MUST try this Upside Down German Chocolate Cake.
You won’t be sorry.
BONUS 2. A friend killed a black widow spider for me. We were in the church garage and I felt the tell-tale sticky web and then saw the tell-tale red hour-glass. Marsha, with no shivering, took off her shoe and used it to smack that beauty and her egg sac. Marsha is my hero!!!
Your Turn . . . Post a fave of yours or go to Susanne’s Living to tell the Story to post your own FFF.