Easy Recipe (Pasta Primavera) With Neat Tip
I found a way to make my new favorite summer dish (Pasta Primavera) a tich neater.
Here’s my basic recipe.
- Steam frozen or fresh veggies (broccoli, carrots, zucchini, peas, corn).
- Sauté onion, mushrooms, and peppers. I cook whatever is on hand until I have about 3 cups of steamed and sautéed veggies.
- Make a white sauce while the veggies are cooking. I make 2 cups. This sauce is equally good with powdered milk, cow’s milk, almond milk, or soy milk.
- Cook 1 lb. of linguine. Drain.
- Put all the veggies and white sauce into the noodles.
- Fold in 1-2 cups of washed and roughly chopped spinach.
- Add handful of sliced cherry tomatoes.
Okay, here’s the neat tip: Before I pour the dry noodles into a pot of boiling water, I break the noodles in half inside the package.
Maybe y’all already knew this one. I just discovered it last week while whipping up this dish (again). Doing it this way ensured that I didn’t drop even one noodle.Works-for-me.