Cherry Fudge Brownies Instead of Dump Cake
I know I said I was going to bring a dump cake to my hospitality class, but I didn’t have a cake mix. So I did a Google search on “brownie mix with cherry pie filling.” With 268,000 results I had quite a few recipes to choose from.
I finally settled on the following one:
- 1 box fudge brownie mix
- Ingredients listed on box of brownie mix
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 small jar marshmallow creme – I didn’t know there were different sizes.
- Mix fudge brownie mix according to directions on the box.
- Pour into pan. (My directions said to put into a 9 x 13 inch pan.)
- Place cherry pie filling by drops on top of brownie mixture.
- Place a drop of marshmallow creme beside cherry drops.
- Swirl the marshmallow creme through brownie mixture by pulling a knife through the batter.
- Bake brownies according to directions on the box.
- I had trouble with swirling the marshmallow creme through brownie mixture as the creme was too solid. I ended up using my finger to pull it apart.
- I did swirl my knife through the cherries.
- When I took it out of the oven, the marshmallows had exploded and covered most of the top of the brownies.
- The brownies must’ve tasted great because by the time I got to them several adult males were getting every drop of brownie from the pan.
I will try this again and make sure I get a taste. I am also looking forward to trying the other 3 recipes as well.
Do you have a favorite cherry brownie recipe?
Entry filed under: Menu Plan Monday.