I Wanna Go To Camp Too – Here Are My 44 Ideas
I loved summer camp as a kid. I went to camp as a Scout and through the YMCA. I have memories of horseback riding, archery, working on/completing badges, crafting, hikes, water play and of course campfire time of scorching marshmallows, singing and skits.
I just read this article on how to start your own kids summer camp. I know that SI and her kiddos go to Cousin camp. Many of the local church kids will be going to either/or Sports camp and Youth camp.
I want to go to camp. But I don’t know what I’d like to do for that week.
Camps have activities so I’ll start there. Here are some ideas . . . .
- In-depth training for walking a half-marathon in October.
- Create a healthy menu and shopping plan for 3 months.
- Cook up some nutritious and inexpensive meals for my small freezer.
- Make a bean bag bed for Chip. I have sunshine yellow fleece material. I just need some beads.
- Make a jeans purse. Robbie made a cute one for retreat.
- Create 4 different types of cards and participate in a swap.
- Create an inexpensive water garden.
- Learn how to make home made refried beans and tortillas.
- Make a log cabin quilt in a day.
- Have a tea party with some healthy foods and yummy teas all decked out in hats and feather boas.
- Learn some magic tricks.
- Show off tricks at a Talent Show.
- Read a book and then discuss it with a group. Do something tangible (craft, action, ?) afterwards (as a group).
- Go on a scavenger hunt.
- Go on a movable meal (Appetizer in one place, salad in another, main course in yet another place, etc.)
- Use my camera and take 5 good, printable pictures each day for a week. Print them.
- Make 5 scrapbook BOM pages. At least plan them.
- Hook my old laptop to a monitor and retrieve all the files. Especially my scrapbook layouts.
- Create an outdoor maze. Do some computer or paper mazes as well.
- Play croquet. Have wacky prizes for the winners.
- Make ice cream. Have an ice cream making contest.
- BBQ something I’ve never BBQ’ed before.
- Go play miniature golf. Or create my own course and invite others over. Or better yet, have others help me with this.
- Decorate a journal.
- Get a reflexology foot massage. Then paint ’em purty.
- Design and make women’s tea favor for next year.
- Plan a winter garden.
- Paint something: a wall, tole project, stationary, front door.
- Dye my hair a fun color.
- Go on a walking tour of my town.
- Have a movie fest: get 3-4 movies from red box,some healthy snacks, a friend of two.
- Learn to do 2 new things on my blog.
- Participate in sing thing – maybe around a camp fire and pass out the makings for s’mores.
- Go tubing down the American River.
- Go to a women’s game night.
- Organize a regular Bunko night in my neighborhood.
- Fast track through a 6 week video Bible study in 6 days.
- Learn about investing; join an investing group.
- Attend seminar on IRAs. Figure out how to fund one this year.
- Go to Crocker Art museum. Create art once home.
- Plan my funeral.
- Finish knitted baby booties. I probably should re-do it as I’ve dropped some stitches. Then learn how to knit some other baby things.
- Spanish camp.
- Slumber crafting party.
Your Turn . . . Wanna go to camp too? What would you put on your list?
Maybe we can combine some ideas and actually do a few of these things in one week. Like in mid-to-late July. Or am I just pie-in-the sky dreaming here?
Related Posts . . .
- 4 Items On Retreat Bucket List 2013
- Bucket List Index
- Go here for 3 months worth of fun stuff to do. (daily activities)
- Grateful for 5 Things Done From Summer Bucket List