9 Things That Make Me Feel Gratefully Connected
Today’s post is all about being grateful for relationships. 9 of them. Relationships help me connect to myself, others & God. They help me to live in the now. These relationships are not listed in any particular order & this list is not exhaustive.
I’m grateful for . . .
- Friends who live in the world of today & enjoy today’s blessings. Doodah is one such friend even though she lives in fake New York. I had a marvelous morn of baking, eating, talking, & then walking through wide streets strewn with newly fallen leaves so that our feet crunched as we slogged through the uneven piles. Go here to read more.
- Online friends who encourage my heart even though we’ve never met. Spring is one such friend. Spring says at her blog, “I love words and I know how to use them!” True. For education, support, and fun.
- Real time friends and family who blog. It is a great way to get into their heads and hearts. I am grateful for this entrance into their world. Most of the links on my Blogroll are dear family and friends.
- Nieces. I have 5 nieces from 25-7 years old and one great niece who is about 18 months old. These ladies are precious. I am grateful for their love, life and laughter.
- God. I can never adequately express my gratitude for God. Hopefully, how I live my life does that for me.
- Co-workers. I feel very blessed to work with the people I do. I have never worked with a group that is so harmonious, caring, mature and fun.
- Food. Most of my life, my relationship with food has been strained. I am grateful that I am finally learning to be at peace with it.
- Doctors and medical staff. In particular I am thinking about my chiropractor/medical staff and Chip’s doctor/medical staff. Both places have made the process of healing/staying healthy much more enjoyable because of their dedication to compassion and excellence.
- My children. I know I’ve already mentioned them, but they are worth at least another shout out. I had dinner with them and Ian, my daughter’s bf, at her apartment tonight. They are intelligent, engaged in life, caring and like to laugh. It is good to be around youth. I am grateful they let me in as part of their circle of friends.