14 Things I Wish I Could Do This Weekend
Wouldn’t it be awesome to spend the whole 3 day weekend crafting? What follows is a list of 14 things I’d do if my to-do list was empty. Let me know if you want to make any of these too. Let’s make a date and craft a while.
- Cut out squares for a blue jeans quilt for my son. Brooke Reynolds from inchmark made a quilt for her son out of his father’s old work shirts. I love that idea too. Go here to see her post which includes pictures and tips.
- Make a trash bag for my car. This one hangs from the headrest. Chica and Jo have step-by-step directions on their blog. Go here for the directions. Do you think this could be a good bed treat for retreat some year? Or maybe I’ll make these as Christmas pressies.
- Sew a snuggly for one (all) of the babies at church. Both my kiddos slept better when they were swaddled nice and tight. Lotta Jansdotter created this pattern. Go here to download it.
- Reinforce my tissue patterns so they’ll keep longer. Go here to Christine Sews to find the directions.
- Sew a Bitty Bug Pincushion. I have a tomato pincushion which is functional but NOT cute. This idea is functional and CUTE. And I want one. Here are the directions at Goody Goody by Lauren.
- Lauren also has a pattern and directions for a matyroshka tooth fairy pillow. Let me know when you make one. I just printed out the pattern and I am sooo tempted, but I must focus on what’s already on the to-do list.
- This might be my request for virtual quilting bee , a block o’ string pattern. Rachel Griffith from p.s. i quilt gives step-by-step instructions here. She says this is a super easy method!
- Make a fabric corsage for me. These would be cute to give out at Mother’s Day. Leigh Ann describes her idea here. Check out the rest of her blog, the object project for lots of ideas.
- Brew a better cup of coffee. McAuliflower at Brownie Points gives 7 tricks on how to enhance the flavor of coffee. I don’t drink/make a lot of coffee so my coffee -making skills are negligible. These tips just might make me a popular barista in my crowd.
- Quilt a fabric tic-tac-toe game. Amy from During Quiet Time fashioned this nine patch pattern into a cool game. Go here for the directions.
- Improve my health. One habit at a time. Dr. Nicole at Kitchen Table Medicine writes many of the articles at this site. On one post she lists 14 habits that when followed will make a big difference in our health. I’m checking into the flaxseed idea.
- Take an online knitting class to make socks. Go here for the instructions.
- Scrapbook. Go here for 12 ideas presented by Shimelle.
- Create sparkle strawberries. These would make a wonderful snack or addition to a breakfast meal. Be Different…Act Normal give the details and picture here.
So, what’s on your list of things you’d do this weekend if you could?