We Cannot Be Grateful Without Being Thoughtful
“We cannot be grateful without being thoughtful. We cannot shift our mental gears into neutral and maintain a grateful lifestyle. This is why gratitude requires contemplation and reflection.” Robert Emmons: Author, Scientist Thanks!: How the New Science of Gratitude Can Make You Happier
My focus determines who I am. Today I choose to focus on being grateful for what I have instead of being accusatory about what I’ve experienced and/or what I don’t have.
Today I’ll focus on what I can count on . . .
- My basic needs of food, water, safety and shelter will be met.
- My Father God will listen to my every prayer and thought.
- My father God has a plan for me today. I don’t have to be over-whelmed or stressed out.
- Nice weather.
- My circle of supportive family and friends is a phone call or tweet away.
- The Bible really does have a message for me today.
- My car is in working order.
- My colleagues are godly, inquisitive, loving, fun people. They even like me and encourage me.
- My to-do list. I can use it as a guide and NOT as a bludgeon.
- Snuggling with Chip and visiting with my daughter.
What can you count on today? Can you name 10 things?
- 30 Things To Be Thankful For
- 5 Reasons to be Grateful to God
- Choosing 2 Express Gratitude During November
- Feeling Full On Gratitude