5 Reasons to be Grateful to God
gratitude [ < Latin grâtitûdô < grâtus (pleasing < favorable)] The state of being grateful. Grateful: appreciative of some sort of benefit you receive from someone; esp. to the point of doing something in return to please your benefactor. Gratitude is a frame of mind rooted in grace. In the same word-field: thankful, appreciative. (By Robert Longman Jr. at SpiritHome)
I like this,”Gratitude is a frame of mind rooted in grace.” Gratitude definitely is a choice, although one that is not always easy to make. But the reason I can make this choice is because of what God has given to me.
What are some of these things God has given to me out of His grace and His love for me?
- Rescue, Forgiveness, Freedom: “God rescued us from the dark power of Satan and brought us into the kingdom of His dear Son, who forgives our sins and sets us free” (Colossians 1:13-14).
- Eternal Life, Eternal Protection: “I [Jesus] give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, for my Father has given them to me, and He is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand.” (John 10:28-29)
- Unearned & Undeserved Salvation: “You were saved by faith in God, who treats us much better than we deserve. This is God’s gift to you, and not anything you have done on your own. It isn’t something you have earned, so there is nothing you can brag about.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- Weaving of Bad into Good: We know that God is always at work for the good of everyone who loves Him. They are the ones God has chosen for his purpose…” (Romans 8:28)
- Empowerment & Desire to Follow God: “God is working in you to make you willing and able to obey Him” (Philippians 2:13).
What would you add to this inexhaustible list? What are you grateful to God for today?