8 Routes to Receiving Prayer at CNC
We, the people of Cordova Neighborhood Church, believe that prayer is important. Click here to read Prayer Impacts Us in 5 Ways. We believe that God is powerful, caring, and answers prayer. Because we believe this, we offer eight ways you can get prayer at CNC.
1. Prayer for Healing on Wednesdays nights. You will find this faithful group of prayer warriors in Room 5 in CNC’s Children’s Education wing (aka Big Kid’s Club.) Prayer is available from 7:00-8:30 pm each Wednesday.
2. Prayer Chain. A group of folks receive prayer requests via email. To get your request to the prayer chain, contact Roberta in the office: email – office at cnchurch Dot org) or call 635-5992. If you’d like to be part of this confidential ministry, let Roberta know.
3. “Please Pray For” section on the communication slip. Each Sunday you have the opportunity to share requests via the communication slip located in each Sunday’s bulletin. Write down your request, tear the slip out of the bulletin, and put it on one of the offering boxes. The staff prays weekly (usually Tuesday mornings) for these and other requests.
4. Prayer during Sunday service. At some point in each service, we are invited to go down front for prayer. This is usually towards the end of the service when the worship team leads us in singing. You can also ask a host to get a “prayer” person to pray with you in the pews or at the back of the sanctuary.
5. Prayer after the Sunday services. You can ask one of the prayer people to pray for you after either service. You can ask any staff member for prayer as well.
6. Prayer from the elders. Call the church office (635-5992) to make an appointment for one (some) of the elders to pray for you. You can even request that anointing with oil accompany the prayer.
7. Prayer in small groups. Each small group offers the opportunity to learn Biblical information and to learn about each other. Prayer is a natural response to this learning. CNC small groups are a safe place to ask for prayer.
8. Prayer with CNC people. You don’t have to get prayer only from a lay leader, someone on staff, a designated prayer person or a pastor. Anyone can pray with you at any time.
Dear Reader, take action and ask for prayer in one of these 8 avenues. We all have something in need of prayer. The Lord, our King, is waiting to respond on your behalf. “Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.” Psalm 24:8. Please let someone encourage you today.
What would you add to this list?
- Breathing Life into Your Conversations With God
- How Do You Grow In More Than One Area At A Time?
- If Google Doesn’t Have God’s Phone Number, Try This One
- Know Why God Answers Prayer?
- My Prayer 4 Today
- Peace and Hope While in the Depth of Pain – John Stumbo’s Story
- Prayer Impacts Us In 5 Ways
- Recent Study* Shows One Thing Has Most Impact in Making a Small Group Healthy
- The Power of the Word in Song