10 Acts of Kindness Ideas
This past week I have been feeling a little blah, a little complacent, a little ungrateful. In an effort to ward off these negative feelings, I decided to see if I could do seven acts of kindness this week. Whenever I do something kind for someone else, it always makes me feel better. It’s think it’s because it makes me remember my blessings. Sister Anne Bryan Smollin says it’s because . . .
- When we do a kind act for someone, it boosts our immune system.
- Even when we witness a kind act, it boosts our immune system.
It is now the end of the week and my emotional self while not 100% is much better. I’ll be 100% when my shoulder and wrist pain are not so constant.
Anyway, below are 10 (!) acts of kindness I performed on purpose this week. Which ones can you identify with? What would you add to this list?
- Filled up a shoe box for Operation Christmas Child. I do this every year. This year I bought items for a 5-9 year old boy. I appreciate the opportunity to give to a child who has very little.
- Took a get well gift and card to a child in the hospital.
- Took lunch (Chipotle) to the mother of the child in the hospital.
- Rescued a cat with the help of a friend. Thanks, Friend!
- Helped 2 co-workers with their job. Sometimes life gets over-whelming even in the workplace. Coming alongside a person at such a time can make a difference to the work load and morale.
- Sent a card to someone who has had an emotionally difficult week. I view cards as mini presents. The artwork and inspiring words can minister to a person’s weary or hurting spirit.
- Picked up medicine for an ill friend.
- I helped a friend get another Bible. It was stolen from her car. Can you believe that?
- Sponsored my 9-year-old niece in a walk-a-thon to raise funds for school field trips. Even though I only gave $10 she made me feel fabulous. “Oh Aunty” she said. “That is just a perfect amount. Thank you so much.”
- Sent out an email to my list of friends to see if any of them could help another friend with a sewing need for her son. Came up with two offers of help.
- Describe a time when you’ve been on the receiving end of an act of kindness? How did you feel?
- Is there an act of kindness you’ve been meaning to do? Can you do it this week?
- When was the last time you performed an act of kindness? What was it?
- 5 Reasons to be Grateful
- 18 Easy Ways to be Kind (mainly to yourself at www.mindbodygreen.com)
- 2o Acts of Kindness Ideas to Celebrate 200th Post
- “Everyone Can Help One Child,” said Twila Paris.
- How to Be Happy, Healthy and Holy
- Join CNC Meals Ministry Today: Simple to Help, Rewards are Huge
- I Help Because I am a Parent, Auntie & Missionary