Friday’s Favourites: December 17, 2010
This was evaluation week at work. So my blessings and resulting thanksgiving are centered on work. Of course this list is not comprehensive. But since it is Friday’s Fave Five, I will list only five blessings. You can list your own blessings by going to Susanne’s Living to Tell the Story and link up here.
1. CM Volunteers. On Sunday the Children’s Ministry Team (cm) at my church (and also my workplace) passed out thank you gifts to the volunteers. Without this giving, dedicated “workforce” (46 people) cm would not be able to function. Thanks to you ALL for your help, dedication, and love for the children and families of the church.
2. Ending well. Our cm director, Lori, has begun a full-time job and so needed to resign as director. On Lori’s last official Sunday she and Dan (guitarist) led the children in a Christmas Play. It was well done and meaningful. Lori will still be around church so be sure to thank her for her involvement in your child’s life. Thank you, Lori, for working diligently all year-long and most importantly for ending well.
3. Steadfastness. Jessica, our nursery director will still be on the cm team. I am grateful that she’ll be around to help me navigate the changes that are coming to cm. Jessica has a peaceful, dedicated, godly spirit which is easy to work with and helps me calm down when it is stressful. BTW – Jessica came up with the thank you food gift for the cm and nursery volunteers. Thanks, Jessica, for your steadfastness.
4. Our mission. There are many ministries at CNC (Respite, Neighborhood Meals, Big Kids Club, Book Club, Youth, & Wednesday Prayer Meeting just to name a few). I love that CNC has a dedication to helping people and not just spiritually. I love that we minister to the whole person without strings attached. I thank Pastor Mike for his vision for our church. I thank the many leaders and many, many helpers in these various ministries. As we cooperate and work toward the common goal of “loving our neighbours” we make a difference in their lives now and for eternity.
5. Small Groups. You knew I had to bring this up! Did you know that we have 9 ongoing groups and 7 new ones starting up in January? I am grateful for the leaders of these groups, for the child care workers, and for the participants. Lives are being changed and supported in these groups. Thanks to all of you for the part you play in small groups.