My Goal Planning Monday Goals are S.M.A.R.T.
I know the key to having a successful to-do list: make it reasonable by making the items S.M.A.R.T. The one to-do I consistently have trouble with is the one that is not S.M.A.R.T. That goal is about sleep. I have stated as my goal “to do all I can to sleep better.”
What I Will Do This Week
|S||Specific||I will be more specific in clarifying what I expect of myself.|
|M||Manageable||To make it manageable I will only list 1-2 to-dos instead of listing every idea I have regarding sleeping better.|
|A||Attainable||Regarding attainable, I will write only what I can control. I.e. I cannot make myself sleep, but I can modify my schedule, environment and routine to make it conducive to sleep.|
|R||Relevant||To see is my goal is relevant, I need to ask myself, “Is this goal something that I really want to work on now?” Since I keep having trouble achieving good sleep hygiene, I need to see how relevant this goal is to my life at this time.|
|T||Time-bound||Time-bound goals have target dates, deadlines. I usually respond better to deadlines and so I need to incorporate this into my sleep goal.|
- Walk 25 minutes 3 times a day.
- Do passive resistance exercises 4-7 times a day. Incorporate changes from Tuesday’s Dr. appointment.
- Soak in hot tub or bathtub with Epsom salts 4 times a week.
2. Work: 2-4 hours a day: depends on what happens at my Tuesday doctor appointment
- Write letter to teachers/helpers.
- Make 10 calls for children’s ministry.
- Finalize Summer schedule.
- Get together with Marsha regarding retreat notebook (proofread, etc.) – Contact her on Monday to see when.
- Get & send final retreat details to LaRee by Monday.
- Sort out carpooling for retreat by June 3rd.
- Let all know who their room mates are.
- Decide and buy “decorations” for pail design.
- To sleep better at night do these 2 things. (1) Find and order book that Dr. Oz recommended (by next Monday). (2) Journal about my sleep issues to determine if this is something I really want to make a priority now (Saturday).
- Write in my gratitude book daily (with a gel pen in a notebook with purple paper it’s quite fun)
- Finish reading the book of Isaiah.
- Check in daily with maximize your mornings group.
- Batch cook 2 meals for my freezer. I am feeling stronger and able to do more, so there is no reason I cannot make my own meals now. It just takes me longer because I am slow.
I participate in Goal Planning Monday so I’ll have a record of what I complete each week. I’ll also have a tool to energize my (sometimes) flagging motivation to complete (1) the jobs I tend to avoid or (2) jobs that get overshadowed by the urgent but not necessarily most important items on my to-do list.
Walk 20 minutes 3 times a day passive resistance exercises – incorporate changes i get from tuesday’s dr. appt
- soak in hot tub one time a day – didn’t happen every day. The water and air temps were too cold to make it worthwhile.
2. work: 2-3 hours a day – depends on what happens at my Tuesday doctor appointment
sort out curriculum (to start mid june) for children’s church calls for children’s ministry
finalize retreat booklet (info from speakers, what to cut from last year’s book) wm team meet to finalize other retreat details
- study doubting Thomas passage – will not be preaching after all.
- do all i can to sleep better at night – still having troubles
write in my gratitude book daily (with a gel pen in a notebook with purple paper it’s quite fun) read Isaiah check in daily with maximize your mornings group work on surprise for my daughter’s birthday– a friend is helping me. When it is all done and delivered, I will post pix.
Entry filed under: Main.