Using Senses to Experience Blessings Heightens the Gratitude
Recounting blessings surrounding me from this past week is Thursday’s work. Go to Friday’s Fave Five to read posts from others who join in this weekly gratitude hunt.
Using my senses to experience a tiny slice of these blessings heightens my gratitude and reminds me of how present God is in the “ordinary.” For I know it is God who has given colour that the eyes hungrily seek, sound that the ears swallow, good touch that the body craves, and life-affirming Truth that the spirit of the Believer navigates toward.
I am grateful for the following blessings . . .
- Pink-hued sky and its equally fetching river reflection turning black as the sun hunkered down into the southern hemisphere.
- Foot-long, peaceful, senior, family dog snuggled into my drowsy body.
- Melodic ticking of 3 clocks from different time zones reminding me of loved ones near and far.
- God using Scripture and this week’s mid-week Bible study material to shine truth into a situation, dissolving a pity-party before it started.
- Iridescent blue, squarish car with a cloth, black roof, popping out like a 3D figure amongst 2 rows of muted brown and grey cars that were hood-to-bumper-to-hood.