When I Realize I Have Enough for Today, I Am Grateful
There are seasons in my life when these feelings stick to my thoughts like gum in hair. To combat these I remind myself I have enough. Each day I recite the following: “Today I have enough (fill in the blank) and I am grateful.” My last week was filled with days of practising this type of gratitude. In writing down my Friday’s Fave Five, I see once again, I have enough and I am grateful!
1. This week I have enough money . . . to pay my utility bills, to fill my gas tank, to buy groceries, to tithe, to buy a Christmas present. (Yes, I know it’s September.)
4. This week I have enough wisdom . . . to see that life is often hard, to know that I (and everyone else) will make mistakes, to accept that the to-do list will never be empty, to seek God in the bad times as well as the good times, to be quiet in my spirit and in how many words I utter.
5. This week I have enough resources . . . to accomplish what God wants me to accomplish in my personal life and in my work life.
Your Turn . . . What do you have enough of that makes you realize you, too, are grateful? Leave your comments at this post. Or participate in Susanne’s Friday’s Fave Five. Her website is here.
- 21 Ways to Express Gratitude
- Gratitude Lessons Are Free
- Recounting Blessings From a Reluctant Heart Improves My Mood
- Using Senses to Experience Blessings Heightens the Gratitude
- Using Your Name to Spell Gratitude
- When I Realize I Have Enough for Today, I Am Grateful
- Writing Down & Reading About Blessings Makes You 25% Happier