Fall Bucket List (2011)
Living with intention, deepening relationships, growth, fun, and in the moment requires me to be thoughtful and to have a plan. Lists like 101 Things in 1001 Days help me with long-term planning. Seasonal bucket lists help me to break it down into manageable time slots. Also on the bucket lists I can include items I didn’t put on my 101 Things in 1001 Days list.
Fall of 2011 is from Friday, September 23-Wednesday, December 21. Below are the things I hope to do in these 3 months. Some items are from my 101 Things list. Most are additional items. Even though I just posted this list, I have been working on a few of the items since late September.
What would you add to this list?
- Celebrate Advent.
Celebrate Thanksgiving with the family at the beach.It was supposed to rain so we decided to celebrate at my daughter’s home in Emeryville instead. 4 friends joined our Mexican themed dinner.
- Complete 4 Wreck This Journal activities (with niece).
Declutter one bookshelf. Fill a Operation Christmas Child Shoebox.Filled two.
- Go on a nature scavenger hunt.
Make a wish at 11:11 on November 11, 2011. Plant narcissus bulbs. Trick-or-treat.
Create a Fall craft.Made ornaments with the nieces instead. Some ornaments were for the church tree and some were for their own tree at home. Most ornaments were for Elizabeth’s tree.
- Make a flower barrette with niece.
- Make an advent wreath.
- Bake 4 new cookie recipes. 1. Double chocolate cookies made with a cake mix. Too cakey for me. But had a fun time with Em (niece). 2. My daughter and I made gingerbread rim cookies that are egg-, dairy-. and gluten-free. Yummy!
Have an outdoor fire with s’mores.Planned to do this on Thanksgiving at the beach. But since the weather was supposed to be bad, I made a s’mores pie instead.
- Learn to make a cake roll.
Make 2 Fall drinks.(Apple Cider Float and Pumpkin Pie Spice coffee)
- Make 5 recipes (besides bread and pie) that use pumpkin.
- Try 2 recipes in church cookbook.
- Try 2 recipes from the anti-inflammation diet.
Pay off my student loans.This might have to be deferred as I am having car issues with the “Check Engine Light.” Deferred! DONE September 2013.
- Have a Harry Potter and/or
LOTR filmsweekend. Watch 4 Christmas movies. Watch It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown and A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. Watch Monk Season 8.
- Learn 2 hymns by memory (Thanksgiving theme).
- Do a photoshoot – Tell a fall story.
- Enlarge costume picture.
Have a family portrait taken 2011.
- Transfer vhs movies to dvd format. DONE one June 2013.
Finish the books on my FIR list.I read 6 of the books. Read 2 Classics and/or other books on my Kindle. Read A Christmas Carol and Tale of 2 Citiesby Charles Dickens.
- Make a list of things for which I am thankful
Send a Christmas card to a soldier. Write a list of 12 cooking techniques/recipes to do/learn Writeand send a message in a bottle. Write/post daily during NaNo/BloWriMo 2011 Write Theological Bucket List
- What are you most excited about for fall?
- What would you add to your bucket list?