5 Reasons I Love Fallgo to Susanne’s blog and link up your post of 5 blessings about Fall or anything from this past week.
“It is not happy people who are thankful; it is thankful people who are happy.” (Quote and a decorating idea with the quote from this website.)
1. Thankfulness. Of all the seasons, I think Fall reminds me most about being thankful. Harvests, Thanksgiving, and Christmas all point me to the attitude of gratitude. There are events, people, and organizations that I am grateful for because of how they impact the world we all live in. Of course, I am extra grateful to God because of the above.
2. Orange. Right now the colour orange is one of my favourite colours (not to wear though). It is cheery and bold. The colour tends to make me feel invigorated. I love seeing it in Autumn’s nature (mums, squash, oranges, pumpkins, leaves, sunsets).
When I was in high school my room was decorated in orange. My soft-sided luggage was even orange. I was always able to pick it out very quickly when claiming my luggage at the airport.
3. Holidays. I like the official time off and attention dedicated to holidays. They help me make time for expressing gratitude in words and actions and for spending quality time with those I love. The Fall has most of my favourite holidays: Veterans Day, Halloween, and Thanksgiving.
4. Christmas. Even though Christmas is in the winter season, most of the prep is done in the Fall. I like doing the activities that are a prelude to the actual Christmas Day.
- I like the card and gift shopping because it is a small way to tell others “thank you” for their presence in my life.
- I like the events (religious choir/chorale performances, church services, door-to-door singing) that remind me about the Reason for the Season.
- At these events I often have an opportunity to express my gratitude to God.
- Pumpkin flavoured and pumpkin pie spiced everything: pie, drinks, soup/stews, and breads to name a few things.
- There are also the elaborate and countless recipes for cookies, candies, and cakes that get made during this season in preparation for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Not only are they are a sensory delight, but I have many wonderful memories of baking with family and friends.
- And lastly the meats served at this season fill the bill for home-cooked contentment (turkey, roast, honey-baked ham).
I see that I have some deep feelings for the Fall season. I know I could add more items to this list.
Your Turn . . . What are your feelings about Fall? Go ahead and list some of your favourite things.
Related Posts . . .
- 5 Reasons I Love Summer
- 12 Things Happy People Do Differently
- 31 Days: Inspired for the Holidays 2011. This is a series for Fall and Christmas ideas.
- Falling Leaves Ahead – From Your Trees or Your Life?
- Memories of Christmas Cards
- My Fall Bucket List