Fall Into Reading 2011 Wrap Up
Fall is over and so is the Fall Into Reading Challenge 2011. I intended to read 10 books in the 4 categories of Autobiography/Biography, Children, Growth and Holiday Inspired. I read 6 of the books.
Below is my wrap up from this challenge that Callapidder Days hosted.
1. Did you finish reading all the books on your fall reading list? If not, why not?
Autobiography/Biography Books. 1/2
- Mother Teresa’s Secret Fire by Joseph Langford. I am half way through the book written about Mother Teresa. I hate to say this, but I cannot stay engaged with the story. Not because of her story, but because of how it was written.
The Hiding Placeby Corrie ten Boom. This was as inspiring as I remembered. Now I want to find the movie and watch it.
Children’s Books. 1/2. Finished 2nd book July 2013: 2/2
Island of the Blue Dolphinsby Scott O’Dell. I enjoyed this book. It is similar to My Side of the Mountain. The main character is resourceful,strong and independent and happens to be female. Now I want to read Robinson Crusoe.
- The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo. Did not start this book. Finished in July 2013.
Growth Books 2/4. Finished 3rd book July 2013:3/4
Mindlessnessby Ellen J. Langer. I am reading this with these folks. I want to reread this book again and take notes. It has some very good points.
- Only Nuns Change Habits Overnight by Karen Scalf Linamen. Did not start it.
What Women Fear: Walking in faith That Transformsby Angie Smith. I am reading this book with these ladies. I want to reread this book with a group of CNC ladies with a study guide I have written.
- Whole Prayer: Speaking and Listening to God by Walter Wangerin Jr. Finished July 2013.