Winter Bucket List
Do you like writing bucket lists?
Does writing such a list intrigue you or frustrate you? I find that dreaming about what to put on a bucket list is energizing and fun.
I wrote a Fall Bucket List this year. While I did not complete a lot of items on the list, it was fun to think about the items. It was also fun to do what I did. I am sure I accomplished more because of having this list. Some things are not season dependent, so I can do them anytime. And I have a list already made for next year!
Since it is a week into winter, it is an appropriate time to write My Winter Bucket List. I will spend the next 3 months (December 22, 2011 – March 19, 2012) having fun with the below list.
What would you add to this list? Or would your list be completely different?
- Go snowshoeing.
- Go dog sledding.
Make snowflakes for two tree areas in BKCand/or for my sliding glass window.
- Finish afghan.
- Set up home bird feeder.
- Make a snowglobe. This waterless snowglobe is a fun alternative. Perhaps watch the
movie Snowglobe.This snowglobe “cake“ made with rice krispies, this one with a “snowglobe” on top, or this flat, 2D snowglobe cake would be fun to make. How about these snowglobe cupcakes? I have got to make this adorable gift card snowglobe! I so want to make this snowglobe soap. Have you seen these snowglobes in a box?
- Plan home-made ideas for next year’s Christmas. Some ideas might come from here. This link has 100 economical ideas for making presents at Christmas or anytime really.
Make toothpaste with my daughter. Do a tea craft.I.e. a tea wreath or make my own tea bags. Or make this encaustic tea bag wall hanging. Next Christmas I’ll consider making a Tea Advent Calendar. UPDATE: Here is a list of Tea Crafts I have done: 21 Days of Tea Conclusion and Index to Teas, Recipes & Crafts
- Learn to use rotary cutter (from TLM) and cut material for quilt.
- Check out scrapbooking challenges.
Print out an owl calendar or from here.
- Change out Christmas card wreath for a photo wreath.
- Make fortune cookies with fortunes. Perhaps go to the fortune cookie factory in San Francisco.
- Get a bread machine and perfect one recipe.
- Drink my stash of teas.
- Make goody plate for neighbours.
Make cookies that sit on rim of mug.This gingerbread house or this sweet round are 2 I’d like to try. Do once a month cooking 2-3 times.
Drink green smoothie 3-4 times a week for breakfast. Eat no later than 7 pm.
- Get organized.
Rearrange my office: move furniture, buy rugand new paint, change out photos, declutter books from one bookshelf (move shelf out of office) Set up tea area for quick access at work. Declutter one home bookshelf.Did several bookshelves so this counted for the Fall Bucket List too. Pick new paint scheme for living room – match it to my mug.Paint one wall. (painted 2 – living room and bedroom)
- Do something with hand-dyed fabric (perhaps pillows for couch).
Money Roll coins from piggy bank.Set aside for trip to Disneyland in the fall of 2012. Start saving for car
- Watch Christmas movies on my list.. .. ..
Bush Christmas.. .. .. Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.. .. .. Midnight Clear.. .. .. Black Adder’s Christmas Carol.. .. .. A Christmas Tale.. .. .. Holiday in Handcuffs.. .. .. Watch the Oscar Nominee Movies
Go to ice rink in Rancho Cordova and take photos.Perhaps ride the ferris wheel. Take a self-portrait every Thursday during the winter (Dec. 22 – Mar. 19)
Renew library card.
Read 11 books from my bookshelf. 6 of them are fiction. I learned from the last reading challenge that I enjoyed reading fiction books but don’t normally give myself permission to read them.
Lilah by Marek Halter Sarah by Marek Halter– Don’t recommend. Little House on Rocky Ridge by Roger Lea MacBride(about Rose the daughter of Luara Ingalls Wilder) The Atonement Child by Francine Rivers Unspoken by Francine Rivers(about Bathsheba) – Don’t recommend. Unshaken by Francine Rivers(about Ruth)
- Life’s Healing Choices by John Baker
Praying Jesus’ Way by Curtis Mitchell Sitting at the Feet of Rabbi Jesusby Ann Spangler and Lois Tverberg The Wonderful Spirit Filled Life by Charles Stanley
- Unmapped Darkness by Thomas Finch (I started this last Summer and want to finish it)
- Spend a weekend at a cabin in the snow.
- Plan a 2 week trip for 2012.
Check out local coffee breweries.Went to Insight Coffee Roasters. Check out #1 at this post for some details. Visit the Bay Area twice.Went 3 times.
Unfinished Projects (UFP’s)
Do something from My Fall Bucket List. Declutter a book shelf, have a family portrait 2011taken. and write a theological bucket list.
- Do something from my 50th birthday list.
- Teach someone to read and write.
Teach craft classes.
- Write bucket list and make it graphically cool. Get ideas from here. Or this has good ideas too. Find another list here.
Post 25 times on my blog. Make 2012 resolutions.
Your Turn . . .
- What are you most excited about for winter?
- What would you add to your bucket list?
- 5 Reasons I Love Winter
- Summer Bucket List
- Fall Bucket List
- One Month Winter Bucket List Check Up
- Two Month Winter Bucket List Check Up
- Final Winter Bucket List Check Up
- Spring Bucket List
- Why I Don’t Have a Bucket List
Entry filed under: Main. Tags: .