Theological Bucket List
I have been doing well crossing off items on my bucket lists as opposed to a general life to-do list. I think it’s because the bucket lists have been seasonal and have fewer items. I don’t accomplish everything on my list, but I know that won’t happen when I dream up my lists.
So I decided to dream up a Theological Bucket List too. Not everything I want to do is on this list. This is the first layer. After I accomplish a significant number of items on the list, I will re-think and re-dream and see what’s next.
Here is my list . . .
- All books by C.S. Lewis
- All my books on prayer and write one thing I learned from each
- Declutter my theology books (especially if I have them on Logos)
- Go through Case for Christ for Kids(with someone)
- Read all “religious” books I own
- Read or listen to The Hole in the Gospel
- Write or find a good first study book for kiddos who become Believers
Hear a specific preacher/teacher in person …
- Henri Nouwen
- Luci Swindoll
- NT Wright
- JI Packer
- Greek – to read New Testament
- Hebrew – to read Old Testament
- Spanish – so I can use in ministry
Memorize Scripture …
- Learn 12 Hymns
- Learn 12 current praise songs
- Learn to play praise songs on guitar
Spiritual disciplines …
- Tithes/Special Offerings (Donate a paycheck)
- Fast and pray on a regular basis (determine what is my “regular basis”)
- Go through spiritual disciplines book with a group
- Organize and be part of a mentorship/discipleship group or pairing (with/for ladies)
Topics to study …
- Attributes of God: http://www.allaboutgod.com/attributes-of-god.htm
- Extended visit to Israel – do study ahead of time, plan photos
- Follow the journey of Paul’s travels
- Take a life inventory, journal, pray, and fast. What changes, if any, do I need to make?
- Take spiritual gift inventory again and journal, pray, and fast. What changes do I need to make, if any, regarding doing His Will about my gifting(s)?
- What is the “impossible” that God is wanting to do through me?
- What things are holding me back from fully engaging in the life God has planned for me? (Ie. weight, stuff)
- Short-term Missions trip – How can I be a long-term encourager after I get home?
- Visit/Help Astrid (Asia) or Kelly (Africa)
- Volunteer after a disaster
- Volunteer for 3 months overseas
Your Turn . . . What would you put on your theological bucket list?
Related Posts . . .