The pure milk of God’s Word is curdled when
- hate is added
- self stirs itself in
- fears jump in unrestrained.
When we drink this cup . . . the nourishment is spoiled.
- We retch.
- Thinking God has failed us.
And yet – NO.
- It is the additives.
- They are the poison we added.
- We let them slip in without conscious thought.
- Keep it additive-free.
- Let its nourishment strengthen your spiritual bones.
This prose was inspired by I Peter 2: 1-3: So get rid of all evil behavior. Be done with all deceit, hypocrisy, jealousy, and all unkind speech. Like newborn babies, you must crave pure spiritual milk so that you will grow into a full experience of salvation. Cry out for this nourishment, now that you have had a taste of the Lord’s kindness.
Your Turn . . .
- What “additives” of hate, selfishness, and fear do you need to root out of your thinking and behaviors?
- What blaming thoughts of God do you automatically think when life is “spoiled”? What true thoughts can you replace them with?
Entry filed under: Main.