Fall 2012 Books to Read
Callapidder Days is hosting her annual Fall into Reading from September 22nd, through December 21st. Below is the list of books I hope to read. I’ve also included several studies I intend to listen to/watch from RightNow Media.
“To use books rightly,
- is to go to them for help;
- to appeal to them when our own knowledge and power fail;
- to be led by them into wider sight and purer conception than our own,
- and to receive from them the united sentence of the judges and councils of all time, against our solitary and unstable opinions” (John Ruskin).
Want to join in? Go here for the instructions.
Big Girls Don’t Whine(Jan Silvious) Kindle version Kingdom Journeys: Rediscovering the Lost Spiritual Discipline(Seth Barnes) Kindle version – free. Praying Circles Around Your Children(Mark Batterson) Kindle version – free
- The New Testament – On Track
- Night (Elie Wiesel)
- The Godly Grandparent (Dennis Ellingson)
Catching Tongues: How to Teach Your Child a Foreign Language, Even If You Don’t Speak One Yourself(Carolyn Gibson)
In the Circle of Time(Margaret Anderson) La Oruga Muy Hambrienta: Board Book(Eric Carle) I have been reading this every day. Once I get to read this to my grand daughter, I want to be able to read fluently.
Listen/watch from RightNow Media – I didn’t make it a priority to listen to any of these.
- Prayer: Does It Make Any Difference? (Phlip Yancey)
- When God’s People Pray (Jim Cymbala)
- Disarming the Darkness (Pete Driscoe)
- Vintage Jesus (Mark Driscoll)
- Extreme Grandparenting (Tim Kimmel)
- Fall into Reading 2011 Wrap Up
- How Good Books Aid in a Child’s Growth
- 10 Read Aloud Questions and Answers
- 13 Benefits of Reading