Caramel Apple Salad
Fall is apple harvest time. So of course apple treats are a must. I enjoy eating caramel apples from a certain candy store downtown, but I don’t like biting into the apple.
The apples are too big to bite into so I get a MESSY face and it hurts my teeth.
I know. I could make my own using smaller apples. But I am lazy.
However this week I came up with a Caramel Apple Salad using ice cream caramel sauce. I think it’s tasty. I hope you enjoy it too.
- 1 apple, diced – whichever kind you prefer
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 TBSP caramel sauce, warmed
- 2 TBSP mini chocolate chips
- 2 TBSP nuts, chopped – whatever kind you prefer
- 1 TBSP caramel sauce to drizzle on top.
- Any other caramel apple toppings you enjoy!
- Wash apple and cut into bite-size pieces. Put into small bowl.
- Combine the cream cheese and caramel sauce. Beat until smooth. You might want to warm it for 30 seconds in the microwave. Taste. Add more caramel sauce, if your taste buds are calling for more. Pour over apples.
- Put in the chocolate chips and nuts. Stir until the salad is well blended.
- Drizzle 1 TBSP caramel over the top.
This serve 3 people quite nicely or one piggish person. I guess tonight I was piggish!
Your Turn . . . What is your favourite caramel apple topping? . . . What is a favourite apple dish of yours?
Related Posts . . . Recipe Index