Friday’s Fave Five
Below is my Gratitude List for November 2. Read here as to why I am posting something every day in November.
1. Welcome back greetings. Last week was the first time in months that I posted an FFF. The welcome back greetings really touched my heart Thanks y’all. You touched my heart. I love that this FFF group of posters is a community that encourages.
2. Women of Faith. A friend (Pam) won tickets to the Women of Faith in Sacramento. I was touched and excited that she asked me to attend with her. It was a time of encouragement . . . great music and worship . . . stories of God using the least likely to accomplish BIG things . . . and unfettered time to visit with my friend.
3. Nap during the week. I got up at 3 am one morning this week so I could take friends to the airport. I was glad to do this especially since others have done this for me. It turned out that I was unexpectedly able to take a delicious nap! (I almost always take a nap on Sunday afternoons.)
4. Winner. Pam is a “lucky” person and often wins tickets. Me? Not so lucky. However, I recently won a copy of a book another friend (Jenny Lundquist) wrote, Plastic Polly. I love kid art and books written for the younger crowd. Jenny dropped off her book and we had a chance to catch up. I plan on reading this book during “ME” time this weekend. BTW – If you haven’t read Jenny’s Seeing Cinderella, it is a great read. I read and enjoyed it on my kindle. Go to Jenny’s website here.
5. Family time. I took fixings over to my sister’s home so the nieces and I could make cookies topped with spiders. It was cool seeing everyone’s creativity. Their parents joined us too. The end product was delicious. These 6 BIG cookies made it to the church bake sale.
FUN was had from the 11-year-old to the 54-year-old
Related Post . . . Personal Gratitude Prevents Burnout