Sending Thanks to My Prayer Partner – Gratitude Project
Letter Five: Prayer partner or someone who prays for you regularly.
9 years ago I started praying with my current prayer partner. That is the longest I have prayed with one person. Her prayers have been a constant in my sometimes unpredictable life.
Yesterday we gave thanks to God because of an answer to a long-time prayer: a fun, giving, and godly friend for one of our children.
Today I want to send an encouragement letter to my prayer partner. Yes, we see many answers to prayer and we also see many that have not been answered yet.
I want to encourage my friend to . . . Keep on believing in a faithful God . . . Remember the many ways God has already answered . . . Keep the big picture in mind = someday we will be in Heaven and we will see and experience the fruition of our prayers . . . God is always good no matter what we experience.
I am writing at least 36 letters expressing my gratitude. And I want to pray for them on that day as well. Go here for the original post and list of recipients. I am writing about it here in hopes that it spurs someone on to write their own gratitude letters.
During November I am writing or posting a photo about something for which I am grateful. This explains why.
Gratitude for November 7: I am grateful for my work schedule. On Wednesdays I go in around 1 pm. I enjoy sleeping in and puttering around my home. I sometimes visit someone. Often I will grab a book or my Kindle and read for several hours. Right now I am reading Choosing Gratitude.
Today I am making apple brownies for a potluck at our Bible Study tonight, reviewing Spanish homework for a study meeting later on, and wrapping up a Bible to send to a soldier. . . . I love my Wednesday mornings!
Your Turn . . .
- Do you have a prayer partner? If not, why not?
- If you have a prayer partner, list one or two reasons why you are grateful for him/her.
- Send an encouragement to your prayer partner or someone who prays for you.
- What are you grateful for today?
Related Posts . . .
- 8 Tips for Finding a Prayer Partner
- 10 Benefits of Praying With a Group
- A Dozen Rules for Prayer Partners, Part One
- A Dozen Rules for prayer Partners, Part Two
- Breathing Life Into Your Conversations With God
- If Google Doesn’t Have God’s Phone Number, Try This One