Friday’s Fave Five
Below are five situations that brought out the “thankfuls” in me.
- FOUND my glasses. Monday morning I woke up and my glasses were not on my night stand. I looked everywhere. I must have had a sleep walking episode – yes, I occasionally still do that – and put them someplace weird. . . . . While my old glasses are okay, I don’t see as well with them and they are not that stylish. . . . . So I looked again on Thursday and FOUND them in a crevice between the bed and night stand.
- 26 women attended our potluck. Only 5 people were missing. Wednesday nights we have 2 groups going through the same study (66 Love Letters). The 1st Wednesday of each month both groups meet an hour early for a potluck. We had soup, salad, bread and dessert. Yummm. . . . . It was such an awesome time, I found it difficult to mellow out for bed at a reasonable hour.
- Canned apple pie filling. For Wednesday’s potluck I made apple brownies. I always bring dessert to potlucks. Anyway, I miscalculated how many apples are needed to make one cup, chopped. . . . . So with the extra apples I decided to make apple pie filling. I made 2 quarts. (Yes, I WAY over-estimated how many apples I needed.). . . . This is the first time I’ve canned. Even though I followed the directions exactly, I am afraid I am going to poison myself so I have the 2 jars in the fridge. . . . . PS. I wouldn’t make the apple brownies again.
- Forgiveness. Ever feel like there is a block between you and God? Like something is just not right between the two of you? That’s where I’ve been lately. . . . . I talked it over with a friend and I realized that I just didn’t trust God in a few areas. I felt disappointed and let down by Him. . . . . Turns out I had a grudge. So we spent some time in prayer and I told God I forgave Him. I asked Him to help me trust Him. And I asked God to help me be okay with life which obviously has suffering. He has a plan and I won’t always understand His thoughts and ways. . . . . I want to live in the knowledge that God is ALWAYS good and trustworthy no matter the circumstances.
- Prayer partner. This is week one of praying with another mom about our kiddos. We will meet the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month. Our time will not include a lot of chit-chat and will include Scripture and lots of prayer. I am looking forward to seeing how God “shows up” in the lives of our children.
During November I am writing or posting a photo about something for which I am grateful. This explains why.
Gratitude for November 8: I am grateful for an answered prayer today. It’s been a struggle to find a teacher for Children’s Church the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Today a co-worker had an idea which will help her area of responsibility AND mine. She didn’t even know of my struggle! I am also grateful for the GOD who knew the need and answered the prayer.
Your Turn . . . To share your blessings comment on this post. Or write your own post and link up to Susanne’s meme at Living to Tell the Truth.
Related Posts . . .
- Sista Frugally Saves $149.00 (On eye glasses)
- 7 Reasons to Eat Soup
- Man Cannot Live on Chocolate Alone; But Woman Sure Can (Recipe for Chocolate Pie)
- Who Wants to Lug Around Bitterness and Shame?
- 8 Tips for Finding a Prayer Partner