Friday’s Fave Five
Hurray, I posted everyday in November. You know what? I benefited from this practice in 3 ways. Go here to read how I benefited and what made my gratitude list for November 2012.
- Voice mail. Receiving a sweet thank you message from my godson on my cell phone.
- Hot chocolate. Drinking hot chocolate from one of my snowman mugs. This has been especially nice since it’s been cooler and rainy.
- Ornament making. Spent the day after Thanksgiving making ornaments (mostly snowmen) with my nieces and daughter. Go to this link and also this link to see some of them.This is our 2nd annual event.
- Simple gift. A gift of a cakepop from Starbucks reminded me of the pleasure of simple gifts. Go here to read “It Is the Thought About the Gift That Matters.”
- Tree lighting. Attended my city’s tree lighting ceremony with my niece, Em. Besides visiting all the vendors and coming away with a reusable (grocery) bag and a yo-yo (this will be a gift for one of my OCC boxes for next year), we shared a Subway sandwich and frozen yogurt. I like being in a small enough city that I can meet folks (I know) wherever I go.
Bonus. Em let me interview her about a Bible storybook I recently bought. I loved that she was so intense and articulate about her ideas. And she didn’t mind me asking her questions or taking her picture. Here’s the link for that post: 3 Reasons to Read This Bible Storybook (an interview with an 11-year-old).
Your Turn . . . What is on your gratitude list? Leave a comment or link up at Susanne’s.