Red Stuff Aka Cranberry Jello Dessert
I went to a potluck Christmas party and my food to bring was dessert. One gal who was
going has a lot of food allergies so I made a dessert especially for her. It is pretty, easy to make, and who doesn’t like jello? And if I make this for my daughter, I skip the Cool Whip to make it dairy-free.
- 1 large package. raspberry Jello (sugar free is a tasty alternative)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can whole cranberry sauce
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (8 oz) can mandarin oranges
- 1 c. chopped pecans or walnuts – toasted are yummiest
- Cool Whip or whipped cream
- Pour boiling water over Jello in a large clear bowl. Stir until dissolved.
- Add the cranberry sauce so that it melts into the hot liquid.
- Drain juice from oranges and pineapple into a measuring cup, add enough water to the juice to make 1 1/2 cups. Add juice to Jello.
- Refrigerate until slightly thickened. Fold in pineapple, oranges, and nuts.
- Refrigerate until set.
- As you scoop out portions, serve with a dollop of Cool Whip or whipped cream
- Or scoop out portions into clear dessert glasses alternating the jello mixture with the Cool Whip.