A: God’s Love is AMAZING
We are headstrong, wanting to live life our own way, often dismissing God’s plan for our lives (Isaiah 53:6). Yes, we are sinners (Romans 3: 9-10; 23). All of us.
People think I don’t sin because . . .
- I have been a Believer for almost 40 years.
- I am too old to sin.
- I work at a church.
- I teach a Bible study.
- I am a pastor.
But I do sin. And I get discouraged about my short-comings.
And yet God loves me, you, us. He wants us to have a relationship with Him. And despite our flaws, God extends His amazing love to me, you, us.
His love for us is amazing: causing great surprise or sudden wonder; astonishing, awe-inspiring, and awesome. This truth encourages me to repent and continue growing my relationship with God.
Below are a few of my favourite verses about how God’s amazing love presents itself.
- We are created in the image of God. (Genesis 1:26-27)
- God knows the number of hairs on our head. (Matthew 10:30)
- He loves us with an everlasting love. (Jeremiah 31:3)
- He makes the continual effort to know our thoughts and actions. (Psalm 139:2-4)
- The Holy Spirit and Jesus pray for us. (Romans 8:27,34; Hebrews 7:25)
- God sent Jesus to die on the Cross for us so that we can have an eternal relationship with Him. (John 3:16-18)
- Salvation is a gift with no strings attached. Ephesians 2:8
- He wants all to receive salvation. (2 Peter 3:9)
In summary, we are meaningful to God. Wayne Grudem (seminary professor and theologian) states . . .
“Is there any significance to our existence or to the existence of the rest of creation? In response it must be said that we are in fact very meaningful because God has created us and determined that we would be meaningful to him. That is the final definition of genuine significance.” (Grudem, 1994, p. 162, Systematic Theology: An Introduction to Biblical Doctrine).
This knowledge causes me to want to worship God. Here is a song to get you started: Amazing Love by the Newsboys. What song would you add?
Your Turn . . .
- How does God’s love impact you?
- Have you made a decision to love Him back by accepting His offer of salvation?
- What verses would you add to my list?
- Nothing Matches God’s Power, Love and Justice – Even If It Looks Contrary
- I Am Written on God’s Hand