I: INDIA Trip is More Than Travel Delight; It Includes a Conference, Shoeboxes, & Sewing Machines
Wow! When God opens doors some of them are surprising. One such surprise is a trip I am going on this summer to the northwest of India. 3 other gals and I from Cordova Neighborhood Church are joining up with LINC Ministries.
This trip is from July 25th – August 10th. I feel blessed to be given this opportunity to use my gifts to serve others. Our over-arching aim is to encourage and help women and children in the name of Jesus.
Goals for this Trip.
- Host and serve nearly 500 women in a three-day conference.
- Buy, pack, and distribute lots & lots of shoeboxes. These shoeboxes will be filled with paper, pencils, toys, candy, soap, and much more. Many of the children who receive a shoebox have never received a gift before.
- Buy 60 sewing machines for 4 centers.
Time permitting we will also do the following.
- Deliver 60 sewing machines. LINC Ministries operates four sewing centers. At these centers battered women are taught how to sew. Upon graduation they are given a certificate and sewing machine of their own so they may provide an honourable living for themselves.
NOTE: We are raising money to buy these 60 machines and will buy them in India whether or not we get to visit the sewing centers. Each machine costs $60.
- Visit and give gifts to children at a leper colony.
My last goal is to bring back our story. As we share our story and enthusiasm with you, I hope that missions will become more embedded into the hearts and lives of our church body. And as a result of this increased enthusiasm; I pray that more of us will give to and go on mission trips. It is a privilege to share the love of Jesus with others.
NOTE: LINC Ministries is founded and run by Leonard Lee. He was the speaker at Cordova Neighborhood Church’s all church camp in the summer of 2012. Leonard was awesome!
I Could Use Your Assistance.
Would you prayerfully consider joining our team through your support in two ways.
First, please partner with me in praying for:
- The people we will be serving (women and children mainly) to see how much God loves them
- My health (we will be traveling through the Himalayan mountains) and effectiveness as a team member
- The many details of this trip: shots, preparing for the conference, fundraising, etc
If you would like to be a prayer partner, please leave a comment.
Second, please consider supporting me financially for this outreach.
The cost for the trip is $3925.00. This includes
- Travel to and from India
- Travel and travel expenses while in India
- Shoeboxes and supplies, sewing machines, and costs for the Women’s Conference
- Food and lodging
If you would like to partner with me financially, send your donation to
- LINC Ministries
- PO Box 1314 Roseville, CA 95678
All donations are tax deductible. Make checks payable to LINC Ministries.
NOTE: My name should NOT appear on the check.
Or you can give online by logging in here. Click on the “Donate Now” button on the right side of the page.
Thank you for your support and God bless you.
P.S. We are having a car wash, yard sale, and flea market fundraiser on Saturday, May 18th at Cordova Neighborhood Church. It starts at 9 am. We are still taking donations. Call me sometime!
Relayed Posts . . .