N: People I NEED When Life Stinks
NOTE: I am taking part in the Blogging A-Z Challenge. Today’s letter is “N.” So I did not purposefully choose to post this topic today. But it is a fitting post for the day after the Boston Marathon bombing.
Although I wouldn’t say that the affected folks are dealing with a stink life. They are dealing with evil.
Please join me in praying for all those affected by yesterday’s events.
When life stinks, I tend to have stinky thinking. This means that I blame instead of brainstorm or accept. I pout or give into fear instead of relying on faith. I hide instead of seeking help, prayer, comfort, advice. And I mistakenly believe this stinky time will go for ever.
But hey, I live in America. It is unlikely my stinky situation will go on forever – unless I perpetuate the situation with stinky thinking and stinky behaviours.
I have learned in my 55 years that I need four types of people around me when life stinks. Or one person with these four traits.
1. I need someone to help me see the truth of the situation. Someone who won’t sugar coat what’s going on, but will be brave. I need someone brave enough to share the reality in a gentle way. I don’t want that person to tell me what to do unless I ask for advice. But please do teach me how to face stinky situations by your actions, few words, and prayers.
2. I need someone who will help me see where God has been in my past. I need someone who will point out how God has used me/helped in the past and how He has always showed up. I need assurance that just because I am in a stinky situation, of my making or the consequence of others, God isn’t done with me. I need reassurance that God is faithful.
3. I need someone who will help me know that God will be with me in the future too. He is the same God today, tomorrow and yesterday. He has a plan for me and will help me fulfill that plan despite the stink that life throws at me sometimes.
4. I need someone who will tell me and believe that I still have potential despite my actions or the actions of others. Remind me that God is bigger than any action and its consequences. Yes, I know that the consequences will probably still be there, but remind me that God will still be there too.
Your Turn . . . What kind of people do you need when your life stinks?
Related Posts . . .
- “Don’t Worry America, Mum’s Got Your Back”
- Grateful for the Hope That is Within Me
- How To Deal With Evil, Part 1
- How To Deal With Evil, Part 2
- Mother Teresa’s Faith Crisis: Similar to Mine?
- my heart is soooo sad today
- Personal Response to Evil (at Virginia Tech, Columbine & 9/11)
- Remembering Rudolph Riccio
NOTE: This post is written for the Blogging From A to Z Challenge. There are 22 categories and my category is MI = Miscellaneous.
During the month of April I will post 26 times finishing up posts that have been in my draft fie for at least a year. For a list of all the posts go to the A-Z button on my header.
Today’s letter is N. The topic is the people I NEED when life stinks.