Friday’s Fave Five, May 10, 2013
It is Friday and I am thinking and writing about five favorites from my past week. Go here to join in the fun.
1. Finished Mother’s Day gifts for the women in our church. Each year the women’s ministry team gives something to this invaluable group of women: mothers. We’ve made corsages, cards, and candy. We’ve decorated pens and lip balm tins. We always include a verse. Not only is it rewarding to encourage the moms. It is FUN to get with the gals of this team and craft and talk. I will post a photograph after Mother’s Day.
2. Saw Les Mis and ate home made pizza. My boss and his wife had some folks over for pizza cooked on a bbq. We had 3 types of pizza: 2 savory and 1 dessert. It was delish!!! This is the 2nd time I saw Les Mis. It was just as impactful, but at least this time I didn’t sob.
3. Mentoring is going well. We’ve started a new to us ministry in our church: a mentoring program for the ladies. The age range is teen to 60’s. It is fun to hear how each pairing is so different.
- One pair communicates mainly through texting.
- Another meets face-to-face each week.
- One is by phone every other week.
- One pair is going through a book together.
- And one focuses on the goals set at their first meeting.
I am enjoying my “pairing” and am reminded weekly of God’s grace. I pray that my mentee also gets this same encouragement.
4. Weekly small group is awesome! I know that my 66 Love Letters group is often one of my 5 faves. This past week was no exception. It was a smaller group than normal so of course the dynamics were different. We had lots to share. I can’t think of a specific thing that made it awesome except that the friendships there are growing, encouraging, and honest. Do you think the German Chocolate cake could have influenced my feelings? 🙂
5. Walked with a friend. I like to walk by myself as this is a time to reflect and work out things. But lately I just can’t seem to get out the door. So it was awesome that a friend and I walked 2 miles. We caught up with each other’s lives. We planned. We praised God. And I felt so emotionally FULL afterwards.
Your Turn . . . What is a favourite from your week? Leave a comment.