9 Types of People I Don’t Need When Life Stinks
Sometimes life is very hard and sometimes it even stinks. It’s during this very hard, stinky time that I need to be especially careful about the kind of people I am around. Why do I say this?
Have you heard that each of us is a compilation of the 5 people we hang around most? That is how much influence our friends, co-workers, and family have upon us.
Their attitudes, words, and actions can help us transition through the traumas of life or they can help sink us under the waves.
We have a choice as to how and with whom we spend our time. Below are 9 types of people I avoid when life stinks.
I don’t need someone who will . . .
- POUNCE and tell me I’ve grievously sinned.
- QUOTE Scripture as a blame tool.
- GLOAT that my life’s use is over because of the situation I am in.
- OVER-MEDICATE me with advise.
- URGE me to give up on God and/or people.
- GOSSIP about my situation.
- DESERT me in my time of need.
- PUSH substances as a way for me to cope. I.e. alcohol, sex, shopping, gaming/TV, food, drugs,
- MINIMIZE my pain and/or circumstances.
However there are folks I do NEED. Go here to read People I NEED When Life Stinks
Your Turn . . . Please add to this list. What types of people don’t you need when your life stinks?