Friday’s Fave Five
1. I was getting low on trousers and I hate shopping. BUT after searching my closet, I found some tan trousers. One movie later, the trousers are hemmed and waiting to be worn tomorrow.
2. Almost 2 months ago a friend and I decided to be accountability partners. We exercise 3 times a week or pay the other person $10 for each day we didn’t make the goal. I have been consistent each week. Now I am on to 4 times a week. My goal is 6 times a week, but I am taking it slowly. I feel stronger and more flexible. Today I had the best chiropractor adjustment since my hip went bad 4 months ago.
3. Sometimes I read something that resonates from crown to heel. This week I read Dr. Crabb’s commentary on the book of Jude from the 66 Love Letters book. The main thing I got from this chapter is “God loves me. He really loves me.” And you, too!!!! He knows we’ll fail. And He isn’t waiting to bash me (us). He is waiting to shower me (us) with grace.
4. It has been a long time since I’ve had a klutsy moment. Last night put an end to the wait. I opened a door (at work) right over my sandled toe. Yep, there was blood and a gouge. But hurray – it didn’t interfere with my pool workout this morning.
5. A friend started a job today. It has been a year (maybe 2) of praying and networking and looking. We prayed almost every week (at work) for her (and others). I am grateful and happy for her. And I am proud of her perseverance.
Your Turn . . . Share your five favourite things from this week in the comments or in a post and link up to Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.