Friday’s Fave Five
I am leaving for retreat in a few hours, so I will make this post short. If you want to read other lists and/or join us, go to Susanne’s Living to Tell the Story.
1. Retreat help. On Wednesday’s post, Choosing Gratitude book review, I listed some folks that I am thankful for relating to Retreat. Well, I have 2 more names: Roberta – made the graphic for the name tags and notebook stickers. Trudy – put together the notebooks, assembled the name tags, proofread, helped keep me on track, and about a billion other things. THANKS, ladies.
2. Day off. I love a day that is truly a day off: relaxing, sleeping in, reading, wearing jammies most of the day, doing things at my pace.
3. Graduation. This week is graduation-dense. Yesterday I had the privilege of attending Emily’s graduation. Since she was president of the student council, she got to speak. I loved watching her graduate from 5th grade. I was also able to watch 2 other student-friends get their diplomas (Sophia and Gavin). Congrats, guys!
4. Meditating. Our Retreat theme is John 3:16. I speak on “He gave His one and only Son.” I have been thinking and thinking and thinking on that phrase. I am so ENCOURAGED by this mediation time. I’ve never contemplated or studied John 3:16 before. I always thought it was more about the response of folks to Jesus. Now I see it is about LOVE. It is about love God the Father has and Jesus the Son of God has for everyone in the world!
5. Quote. Here’s one of my favourite response quotes about this love of God’s: “The greatest honor we can give almighty God is to live gladly because of the knowledge of His love,” Julian of Norwich.
Your Turn . . . Leave a comment about your fave event, person, item. I double-dog dare you!