I Can Do Hard Things
“I can do hard things.” This is my new mantra which brings me encouragement and truth.
My best piece of advice: “You can do hard things.” Because life is tough and we need reminding that we can navigate it.
These past weeks I’ve needed reminding that I have choices and power to act in grown-up ways. These grown up ways made me feel good about myself, diffused potentially explosive situations (even when I was the only person in the situation), and more than that, brought peace into my life at these hot spots.
For Friday’s Fave Five I am grateful for these Things I Can Do . . .
ONE. I can apologize when I am wrong even when I feel insecure.
TWO. I can exercise and get gas even when I feel unmotivated.
THREE. I can eat right and use my calm voice even when I feel stressed.
FOUR. I can go to bed on time and clean the kitchen even when I feel rebellious.
FIVE. I can step one step in the right direction and stop making excuses even when I feel overwhelmed.
I CAN DO HARD THINGS. Read this for 6 Powerful Keys 4 Not Giving Up.
And then “you can say ‘I did it! I am awesome!'” I need to start saying this sentence to myself too.
NOTE: Come back next week to find out why I can do hard things. Here is a taste of why: God is in Control.
Your Turn . . .
- Share something for which you are grateful; it doesn’t have to be a hard thing.
- What hard things can you do? Why can you do them?
- In what area do you need to remind yourself of the truth that “You can do it”?
- Did you read the article I referenced? What do you think?
Related Posts . . .
- 4 Things I’m Pondering While the Goliaths Outnumber Me
- 9 Ways Chronically Ill/Injured People Benefit from a To-Do List
- Done is Better Than Perfect
- He Called Me Daughter Not By My Sin or Disease
- I Talk Scripture to Myself