1st Quarter Review of 55th Birthday Yearlong Plan
TIME to share how well I am doing with my birthday yearlong plan. I wrote in detail here what I want to accomplish in 9 areas in my yearlong plan.
One. Collect 55 Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes. I’ve packed 19 boxes so far!!! Go here for this first quarter update.
Two. Raise $4,000 so I can go to India in July. I have about $2,200. We have had a car wash and yard sale. 3 more events are coming up . . .
- June 29th – yard sale and car wash (if enough people to help)
- July 4th – sell food & drink before/during parade
- July 6th – India Dinner & Raffle
Three. Practice gratitude 55 times. I have not been very intentional about this besides writing Friday’s Fave Five and two posts on gratitude. The posts are Choosing Gratitude by Nancy Leigh DeMoss – a book review and Choosing Gratitude And Why It Matters.
Four. Move 55 minutes daily. I have not progressed in my daily minutes count – still at 30 minutes 3-4 times a week.
Five. Write 55 posts. I have written 50 posts so far. In April I was part of the Blogging From A-Z Challenge and I wrote 23 posts that month. I am so sure I can reach my goal of 55 posts.
If you want to see what I’ve written go to my right side bar (towards the bottom). “Stuff I’ve Written and When.” There is a monthly archive.
Six. Create 55 times. Go here to read about the things I created this first quarter.
Seven. Read 55 books. 14 read, 41 left to go.
Here is what I’ve read so far.
1. Fearfully & Wonderfully Made by Dr. Paul Brand & Philip Yancey
2. Acts of Love: The Power of Encouragement by David Jeremiah
3. Plan B by Anne Lamott
4. The Mysterious Voyage of Captain Kidd by A.B.C. Whipple
5. The Summer of the Swans by Betsy Byars
6. Mister God, This is Anna by Fynn
7. Julie of the Wolves by Jean Craighead George
8. The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning
9. Johannes Kepler: Giant of Faith and Science by John Tiner
10.The Quest for Character by Charles Swindoll
11. Masters of Mystery: 56 Short Stories of Mystery, Intrigue, & Suspense (by different authors)
12. Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller
13. The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo
14. Secrets of the Vine for Women: Breaking Through to Abundance by Darlene Wilkinson
Eight. Do 55 things from previous bucket lists. I haven’t even looked at these lists, so I probably haven’t done any of them.
Nine. Bake 55 pies. I have made 7 pies so far. Below are the reviews.
Tally – 5 of the categories are going GREAT, 1 is okay, and 3 are a fail (so far). Come back in September for the next review.
Your Turn . . .
- Did you make any goals on your birthday this year? If yes, how’s it going?
- If not yet, what would you like to accomplish before your next birthday?
Related Posts . . .
- My 55th Birthday Yearlong Plan
- 1st Quarter Review of 55th Birthday Yearlong Plan: Create 55 Times
- 1st Quarter Review of 55th Birthday Yearlong Plan: Collect 55 OCC Boxes
Entry filed under: 55th Birthday Yearlong Plan, Crafts, goals, Gratitude List. Tags: baking pies, Bucket List, creativity list, FFF, Friday's Fave Five, goals, gratitude, India Missions trip, OCC, operation christmas child.