Friday’s Fave Five
1. India dinner Fundraiser. On Saturday we fed about 75 paying customers. Our hope was that everyone would get excited about India. I think that goal was achieved. After expenses we made a little more than $1,000. That in itself was a blessing.
Other blessings included: Consistent help in advertising from a friend (Pam) who also brought in half of the raffle prizes, unexpected help (Gennifer), last-minute raffle entry (from Dan), lovely food (Mike & crew), and beautiful tables (Mark). Another friend (Gillian) helped me to make Chai ice cream and ginger cookies. There are more folks who helped and we are GRATEFUL. This truly was a team event – thanks everyone.
2. Framed photo collages. When my daughter was here she filled 2 (empty of pictures from folks I know) photo collages. One frame has photos from family members. The other frame has photos from my New Zealand trip (including 2 from Hobbiton). These photo collage frames have been on my office wall (empty) for at least a year!
3. Skirts. When we teach and go to church in India, we have to wear skirts. I don’t wear skirts and so needed to buy some. Have you priced skirts lately? $60 is a common price and they weren’t the style I needed (long and untailored). So I went to a thrift store and found four! What’s even better is that my sister and I can share them. Now she doesn’t have to go shopping. Tops are next – but that’s for next week’s Friday’s Fave Five.
4. Friend time. Friend time included watching Despicable Me 2, eating shawarma and frozen yogurt, and having a chat. It was a refreshing and encouraging time.
5. Quote to live by. I found this a couple of weeks ago, but I keep referencing it, so needed to share it.
Your Turn . . .
- Leave a comment sharing one or more of your favourite blessings from this week.
- Or write a post and link up at Susanne’s Living to Tell the Story.
- Leave a comment about one of my faves. It is always encouraging to get a comment! :)