This recipe is easy. It is moist. And the kiddos even liked it because the chile taste is not overpowering.
- 1-8.5 oz. package Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sour cream (You can also use buttermilk or regular milk.)
- 1-4 oz. can diced green chile peppers
- 1/2 cup sharp cheese, shredded
- Splash of milk – use this if batter is too stiff. I like the batter to pour like a cake batter.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Grease an 8”x8” pan. (You could opt to make 6-8 muffins instead.)
- Whisk together muffin mix, egg, sour cream, and green chiles. Fold in cheese. Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- To double the recipe, double the above ingredients and put into a 9”x12” greased pan. Mine took 25 minutes to cook.
- I tweaked this recipe by Paula Deen.
Related Post . . . Recipe Index