Zen Tea and a Kiwi (Souvenir) Mug
In March of 2011 I took a dream trip to New Zealand. I traveled the North Island with a friend I met, Trish Collins, when our families lived in England. Besides a LOT of photos and memories, the other momento I brought home is this mug with a Kiwi bird on it. Do you buy souvenir mugs too?
When I was married every time we took a trip, we also bought a mug of the place we visited. We built quite the collection. I inherited the collection when the marriage ended even though I wasn’t the coffee drinker. Now I use them to drink my tea. I have put away quite a few of the mugs because of the memories associated with them. Maybe someday the memories won’t “ding” so much. Or maybe I will have a cupboard sale and give them new homes.
Day 3 (January 13)
Whenever I have tea at Starbucks, this is the one I order – grande, extra hot!
- Since I really like this spearmint taste, I decided to buy my own box. Now I don’t have to go to Starbucks to drink it.
- Sometimes I put some honey in it, but I usually prefer it plain.
- I am glad I like this green tea since it has so many health benefits.
What are some of the health benefits, you ask?
Green teas are said to help with the following . . .
- Slows down aging
- Relieves nervous tension and stress
- Heals skin irritations like acne, eczema, and wrinkles
- Promotes weight loss by stimulating your metabolism
However, you do have to drink 4-6 cups daily in order to see measurable weight loss. And it is best if you don’t add milk or sugar. I don’t usually put anything in my green teas, so I am good there. But I don’t drink tea every day. And when I do drink it, it is only 2 cups worth. Oh, well.
Your Turn . . . Do you ever order tea at Starbucks? If yes, which one? . . . Do you buy souvenir mugs?
21 Days of Tea Series
Related Posts inspired by my trip to New Zealand . . . .
- 4 Things I Learned from Going DOWN the Sand Dunes
- 5 Reasons I Love Travel
- I Can’t Share Hobbiton Photos, But I Can Share Thoughts: how relentelss evil will come to an end
- Peaceful Ending to a Wonderful Day in The Land of the Long White Cloud
- Con La Lengua Afuera: a Story and a T/F Quiz