Earl Grey Tea in a Black Mug
Who says, “Tea, Earl Grey, Hot”? Go here to hear the mystery person ordering this tea. But you probably already knew it was the starship captain Jean-Luc Picard.
I LOVED watching the series Star Trek: The Next Generation. I have good memories of watching it with my family. My favourite character was Deanna Troy. I loved her compassion and spunk. . . . . And so I hoped that when I tasted this tea again, its been years, that I would love it. But alas I don’t.
Day 6 (January 16)
Of course I also drank it hot and without any additions.
- I just found out that bergamot oil (which is the infused flavor in Earl Grey) is from a bergamot orange rind.
- I like orange rind in all kinds of foods like these blue ribbon award-winning cookies that my niece, Kadie, created.
- But I guess I am not a bergamot lover. The tea always tastes bitter and my palate is just not happy with this taste.
I will tell you what is a TASTY Earl Grey treat. Cookies made with Earl Grey tea leaves. Marsha has made these cookies for two different CNC women’s teas. And they are delish.
The other night Marsha and I made these and watched the Christmas edition of “Call the Midwife.” It was a memorable evening.
Soon I will post the recipe we used. In the meantime, do a Google search. Make them. You will not be sorry.
Your Turn . . .
- Do you care for Earl Grey Tea?
- Who was your favourite Next Generation character?
- Have you ever eaten cookies made with the tea leaves?
- What do you think about the pyramid tea bags?
21 Days of Tea Series
- Sweet & Spicy (cinnamon dominant herbal blend)
- Zen (lemon grass, spearmint, green tea)
- Rainforest Red (red rooibos, hibiscus, chicory root, blackberry leaves, orange peel, ginger root, acai)
- English Breakfast