Russian Morning # 24 Tea (loose leaf) in a Travel Mug
This travel mug is 5 1/4 inches tall and holds 9 ounces of liquid. The all over paisley design is attractive and the two words, “Amazing Grace,” help me focus on Truth. This was a gift and came with several chocolate bars. 🙂
Day 11 (January 21)
I initially drank this hot and plain.
- “The blend of these three [Chinese, Ceylon, and Indian black] unflavoured orthodox teas makes for a well-balanced tea that is full-bodied enough to be ideal for drinking in the morning.”
- Steep it for 3-4 minutes.
- And I concur. This is a WINNER. It is similar to English Breakfast in its smoothness.
- I put in a bit of milk to make the colour like caramel. Yummm. It softened the mellow flavour even more.
- This is the first loose tea I have tried during this series. Out of all the teas I have, I only have 4 or so loose leaf teas.
- The one con to using this mug for hot drinks, is that since I like my drinks HOT, my hands get burned when I use this mug.
- I had an awkward time trying to scoop up the loose tea with the steeping/strainer spoon.
Your Turn . . .
- Are you in the loose leaf, tea bag, or don’t care camp when it comes to brewing your teas? So far, I do not like the strainer spoon. I do like the ease of using tea bags.
- Do you use travel mugs for your tea too?
Have you ever made your own tea bags? I have! Go here to see. At this post I will give you some links I looked at. Be sure to let me know if you make some tea bags too.
21 Days of Tea Series is after the jump.
- Sweet & Spicy (cinnamon dominant herbal blend)
- Zen (lemon grass, spearmint, green tea)
- Rainforest Red (red rooibos, hibiscus, chicory root, blackberry leaves, orange peel, ginger root, acai)
- English Breakfast
- Earl Grey
- Tulsi Sweet Rose (blend of tulsi and sweet rose)
- Pomegranate Raspberry Green Tea (green tea, chamomile, hibiscus flowers, orange peel, citric acid, pomegranate flavor, raspberry flavor, Japanese matcha)
- Green Moroccan Mint (green tea, spearmint, peppermint, lemongrass) – all organic and fair trade certified
- Orange Spice Black Tea (blended black tea, orange peel, cinnamon, orange oil, clove flavour)
Entry filed under: Main.