Wild Raspberry Hibiscus Herbal Tea in a Godmother Mug
Today’s holder of brew is my “godmother” mug. I frequently use this mug because it holds a generous 16 ounces.
And the message on the mug is meaningful and challenging. The most challenging act is to consistently pray.
I get ideas on what to pray from what I read in each day’s Bible reading.
- I read a Proverb and a Psalm daily. Since today is the 26th I looked at Proverbs 26 to see how I could pray for my godson.
- I then wrote several items on the backside of my mug.
- Because the space is small, I can’t list everything from the Proverb. But I know that next month, I will get the opportunity to read the same chapter and pray other things.
I use a dry erase marker on the mug. And I write the prayer list after I’ve finished drinking as the ink comes off very easily… very easily.
Day 16 (January 26)
I drank the tea hot and plain.
- Since I didn’t care for the Pomegranate Raspberry Green Tea from Day 8, I thought I wouldn’t care for this tea either since this brew also has hibiscus. Wrong. It had a mildly sweet and pleasant taste, Not sharp at all.
- So maybe it wasn’t the hibiscus I didn’t like from Day 8’s tea.
- I can see drinking this occasionally when I want something different.
- I felt it needed a little something so I put in one sugar cube. That made the tea just right. At 9 calories for one cube, my waistline and blood sugar levels will be okay.
Your Turn . . .
- Do you have a mug with words that is meaningful? If yes, why is it meaningful?
- What size mugs do you prefer and why?
- Have you ever thought of using a mug as a place to write a to-do or to-pray list?
21 Days of Tea Series is after the jump.
- Sweet & Spicy (cinnamon dominant herbal blend)
- Zen (lemon grass, spearmint, green tea)
- Rainforest Red (red rooibos, hibiscus, chicory root, blackberry leaves, orange peel, ginger root, acai)
- English Breakfast
- Earl Grey (blend of black teas, oil of bergamot)
- Tulsi Sweet Rose (blend of tulsi and sweet rose)
- Pomegranate Raspberry Green Tea (green tea, chamomile, hibiscus flowers, orange peel, citric acid, pomegranate flavor, raspberry flavor, Japanese matcha)
- Green Moroccan Mint (green tea, spearmint, peppermint, lemongrass) – all organic and fair trade certified
- Orange Spice Black Tea (blended black tea, orange peel, cinnamon, orange oil, clove flavour)
- Russian Morning #24 – loose leaf (Russian blend of black China, Ceylon, and India Teas)
- Green Tea with Blueberries (Green Tea with Nature Identical Blueberry Flavour )
- Constant Comment (black tea with orange rind, sweet spices)
- Japanese White Tea Powder
- Winter Solstice (blend of black teas, spices, vanilla, citrus)