Tangerine Orange Zinger Sweet Iced Tea in Jar with Drilled Hole in Lid
This is the container I use a lot of mornings. I put in green smoothie or tea and take it with me to work, if I haven’t finished it at home.
This jar is perfect for transporting. Look at the squarish sides – easy to hold. 20 ounces of goodness fit in there. My daughter drilled the hole in the cap so I can use a straw. Aren’t strays fun? Thanks, Dona, for the jar.
Sometimes I use a canning jar. My daughter drilled a hole in a canning lid too. But I prefer this jar because it is easier to hold (on account of the square sides).
I drank this iced and plain.
- This tea is meant to be iced so that’s how I made it.
- Put 2 teabags into 20 ounces hot water and steep for 6 minutes. Chill the tea with 2 cups of ice.
- No need to put in any sweetener since it has rebiana, a sweetener from stevia.
- It does have a bit of an aftertaste on account of the stevia.
- However this is a delicious and easy to make iced tea.
- The added tangerine slices increase the tangerine taste. Yummy.
- This tea is caffeine-free so I can drink this all day and all night long.
Your Turn . . .
- Have you tried this sweet zinger tea? What’s your opinion?
- What do you think about using a jar as a “mug”?
Related Post . . . Another iced tea recipe is here.
21 Days of Tea Series is after the jump.
- Sweet & Spicy (cinnamon dominant herbal blend)
- Zen (lemon grass, spearmint, green tea)
- Rainforest Red (red rooibos, hibiscus, chicory root, blackberry leaves, orange peel, ginger root, acai)
- English Breakfast
- Earl Grey (blend of black teas, oil of bergamot)
- Tulsi Sweet Rose (blend of tulsi and sweet rose)
- Pomegranate Raspberry Green Tea (green tea, chamomile, hibiscus flowers, orange peel, citric acid, pomegranate flavor, raspberry flavor, Japanese matcha)
- Green Moroccan Mint (green tea, spearmint, peppermint, lemongrass) – all organic and fair trade certified
- Orange Spice Black Tea (blended black tea, orange peel, cinnamon, orange oil, clove flavour)
- Russian Morning #24 – loose leaf (Russian blend of black China, Ceylon, and India Teas)
- Green Tea with Blueberries (Green Tea with Nature Identical Blueberry Flavour )
- Constant Comment (black tea with orange rind, sweet spices)
- Japanese White Tea Powder
- Winter Solstice (blend of black teas, spices, vanilla, citrus)
- Wild Raspberry Hibiscus Herbal Tea (hibiscus, orange peel, lemongrass, rose hips, raspberry flavour, licorice powder, citric acid)
Entry filed under: Main.