Coconut Chai Tea in a Red Mug
I bought this red mug as a soup or chili mug because it came with a vented lid. This helps keep the microwave clean. Sometimes I use it for tea because it holds 14 ounces. And sometimes, I NEED 14 ounces of a delicious, non-caloric beverage.
Day 18 (January 28)
I first tried this hot and plain.
- The smell was great. – I LIKE coconut.
- I really like the tin. Wouldn’t it be fun to repurpose the tin and give it away with cookies inside?
- And I like round tea bags. I don’t know why; I just do.
- But the taste was “Meh” – not impressive.
- So I put in some almond milk. I threw THAT cup away.
- I then tried it with regular milk. It was okay, but it masked the taste of the coconut too much.
- I wonder how it would taste with a splash of coconut milk? I didn’t have any, so I didn’t try it that way.
- My daughter LIKED this tea, so I will give the rest to her.
Your Turn . . . Do you like this tea? . . . Can you recommend a coconut flavoured tea?
21 Days of Tea Series is after the jump.
- Sweet & Spicy (cinnamon dominant herbal blend)
- Zen (lemon grass, spearmint, green tea)
- Rainforest Red (red rooibos, hibiscus, chicory root, blackberry leaves, orange peel, ginger root, acai)
- English Breakfast
- Earl Grey (blend of black teas, oil of bergamot)
- Tulsi Sweet Rose (blend of tulsi and sweet rose)
- Pomegranate Raspberry Green Tea (green tea, chamomile, hibiscus flowers, orange peel, citric acid, pomegranate flavor, raspberry flavor, Japanese matcha)
- Green Moroccan Mint (green tea, spearmint, peppermint, lemongrass) – all organic and fair trade certified
- Orange Spice Black Tea (blended black tea, orange peel, cinnamon, orange oil, clove flavour)
- Russian Morning #24 – loose leaf (Russian blend of black China, Ceylon, and India Teas)
- Green Tea with Blueberries (Green Tea with Nature Identical Blueberry Flavour )
- Constant Comment (black tea with orange rind, sweet spices)
- Japanese White Tea Powder
- Winter Solstice (blend of black teas, spices, vanilla, citrus)
- Wild Raspberry Hibiscus Herbal Tea (hibiscus, orange peel, lemongrass, rose hips, raspberry flavour, licorice powder, citric acid)
- Tangerine Orange Zinger Sweet Iced Tea (hibiscus, rosehips, orange peel, hawthorn, tangerine, rebiana, blackberry leaves)