Honey Vanilla Chai Tea in a Turquoise Mug
This turquoise mug is a thrift store find. I think that turquoise must be a favourite colour of mine as several of my mugs are in this colour range. Sadly the handle broke off when I picked up the mug. I am soooo glad it did not have any hot liquid in it yet. Now I will use it to hold my BIC and Sharpie permanent markers.
Day 19 (January 29)
I drank this tea hot with hot milk and a sugar cube.
- Delicious. I will make this again. I don’t know why it has been buried in my tea drawer untouched.
- I know I don’t normally drink sweetened teas, but for this, I will make an exception. My taste buds were delighted by the spices.
- I followed the directions on the box: 3/4th’s cup boiled water over 1 teabag. Steep 6 minutes. Add 1/4th cup hot milk and sweeten to taste (one sugar cube).
- You can also make this drink iced. But I am out of ice and am enjoying this too much as a hot drink to make ice.
- This tea reminds me of the chai I had in India. Not an exact match but a good 2nd. And it is so easy to make.
By The Way . . . Did you know that chai means tea. So when you say “chai tea” you are saying “tea tea”?
Your Turn . . . Do you like chai? Do you make it from scratch or from a box like from Celestial Seasonings?
21 Days of Tea Series is after the jump.
- Sweet & Spicy (cinnamon dominant herbal blend)
- Zen (lemon grass, spearmint, green tea)
- Rainforest Red (red rooibos, hibiscus, chicory root, blackberry leaves, orange peel, ginger root, acai)
- English Breakfast
- Earl Grey (blend of black teas, oil of bergamot)
- Tulsi Sweet Rose (blend of tulsi and sweet rose)
- Pomegranate Raspberry Green Tea (green tea, chamomile, hibiscus flowers, orange peel, citric acid, pomegranate flavor, raspberry flavor, Japanese matcha)
- Green Moroccan Mint (green tea, spearmint, peppermint, lemongrass) – all organic and fair trade certified
- Orange Spice Black Tea (blended black tea, orange peel, cinnamon, orange oil, clove flavour)
- Russian Morning #24 – loose leaf (Russian blend of black China, Ceylon, and India Teas)
- Green Tea with Blueberries (Green Tea with Nature Identical Blueberry Flavour )
- Constant Comment (black tea with orange rind, sweet spices)
- Japanese White Tea Powder
- Winter Solstice (blend of black teas, spices, vanilla, citrus)
- Wild Raspberry Hibiscus Herbal Tea (hibiscus, orange peel, lemongrass, rose hips, raspberry flavour, licorice powder, citric acid)
- Tangerine Orange Zinger Sweet Iced Tea (hibiscus, rosehips, orange peel, hawthorn, tangerine, rebiana, blackberry leaves)
- Coconut Chai (Ceylon & Assum Tea, cinnamon, ginger, Island coconut)